R a g t i m e ?
Are you on the rag? Is it that time? Rag Time is a course in stitchery. It’s a place and a time for craft. And crafty communion too.
We are here to teach you how to take simple materials – needle, thread, and fabric – and create something to adorn yourself, or to use.
This is our basic course which will cover the essentials of sewing and embroidery.
It is open to all who want to stitch, but find it hard to learn sewing from a book (we do too) and don’t know where to begin. We will make it fun, and relevant, and drink lots of tea.
x – x – x
Once you register, we will send you a password which will allow you to access the private portions of this blog.
As you craft with us and use your growing skillset, new information will appear to guide you (hence, the “seance”!)
We will be working together, from tracing your pattern, to cutting your fabric, to stitching it up, to personalizing your creations. We will be making a complete “pyjama party” set consisting of a pillow-case, a camisole and a pair of shorts. But these elements could also be worn at day, too !
Here’s how our class will unfold :
– Before each course we will provide a huge selection of 1920s images of flappers style, lingerie, pyjamas, embroidery patterns for you to work with, be inspired.
– Each week will start with a lesson posted right here,on the blog.
– Then we will comment on that lesson with questions, ideas, problems and progress.
– You may also post photos of your projects and your creations to our private Flickr group. We’ll do, too.
– We will follow up here at the end of each week to share our progress and help each other through trouble spots.
You can access these materials and work on your projects at your own pace, but we will also be available in real time during weekly seances held on twitter!
We will be your teachers in this course, but we’re looking forward to learning from you and each other.
x – x – x
Our first class our first class has now started. Stay tuned for the next one!
Toodle Pip !
Mathyld & Drucilla